Thursday, November 01, 2007

Don't beg me daahling!

I recently re-watched The Incredibles and it was possibly even better than the first time. To be honest I didn't remember all the best things from the first time I saw it for a number of reasons. This time, I discovered a new favorite character.

Edna.

She is WONDERFUL! In the same line as Ezma from Emperor's New Groove, but not evil in the least :) She calls everyone "Daaahling", is the size of a midget (yes, I know that's not pc) and has the best lines in the movie.


I like her particularly because she reminds me of a crazy French waiter that I met when I went on a school trip to France a couple of years ago. He called everyone "Daaahling" because it was one of the few English words he knew, and he had us in hysterics every night we ate at the Auberge where he worked. Also, one of my aunts' name's is Edna and she is a rather unusual character herself.



I was also thinking about the Glass Man from Amelie this evening. I like him. He teaches me about perseverance, not giving up until you have done something to its very best point. I'm not very good at perseverance, but I'm persevering in learning and in trusting God to make me into someone who is dedicated and who will finish strong. I also want to have vision though, I don't want to do one painting my whole life, I want to create murals! Big ones, all over the walls of my life, but most times it's the small paintings that pave the way to the mural :)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com